The Apple Corporation was asked by European Commission to pay a record breaking tax and penalty of $13 billion as the EU Commision has found that its tax arrangement in Ireland is illegal. Both Ireland and Apple opposed the penalty and said that they will go for review petition. Apple had paid only..
The US has expressed the hope it can find common ground on trade issues with India and other developing countries on controversial trade issues like the Doha round subjec
The first test for the new RBI Governor Urjit Patel is on the card. US Fed’ Chairperson Janet Yellen indicated that the Fed is thinking about the rate hike when its
All of a sudden, the RBI has announced several path breaking measures to give life to the country’s corporate bond market. The central bank has announced several ma
The government is about to complete the setting up of the Monetary Policy Committee by appointing three of its nominees to it. The MPC has six members; three each from th
Deputy Governor of the RBI, Urjit Patel has been chosen by the government as the successor of the outgoing Governor Raghuram Rajan. Patel will become the 24th governor of
Executive Board of the nation’s largest banker –State Bank of India has approved the merger of its five associates bank with it. The merger proposal is alrea
Dictionary on Indian Economy
- Raghuram Rajan: The Gladiator returns to Chicago
- Why the GST reform is transformational?
- India Black Money Report: CBI underestimates black money at Rs 25 lakh crore
- High interest rate rather than inflation is the macroeconomic problem for India right now
- Japan’s first trade deficit in 30 years is part of the Global Shift
- NREGS: give respect to the tax payer’s money
- Arvind Subramanian rocks with 'Chakravyuha' in Economic Survey
- Why Britain can’t exit India aid programme soon?
- This year’s World Economic Forum may discuss the credibility of the capitalist system
- Vodafone verdict may encourage round tripping and treaty shopping.