India slipped one position to be placed at 131 rank in the just published Human Development Report 2016. Out of the 188 countries ranked, India’s HDI score improved from 0.615 to 0.624 in 2015, though its rank fell. India’s ranking was 130 last year. The country continues to improve its..
G 20 Finance Minister’s meeting concluded at the German spa town of Baden Baden is a break from the past. The meeting witnessed a clash between the resurged US econ
The US Fed raised its short-term policy rate or the Fed rate by 25 basis points, signaling the continuation of monetary tightening. An explanation accompanied by the rate
The Wholesale Price Index (WPI) and Index of Industrial Production (IIP) are to get new base year from April this year. Central Statistical Office (CSO) which is preparin
The Goods and Service Tax Council may raise the upward ceiling of the tax rate to 40% so that certain high rate inviting commodities can be taxed. Effectively, the new ce
The Central Statistical Organization’s GDP growth estimate indicate that economic growth rate has not affected much during the December ending third quarter. Gross
Foreign Direct Investment has registered a smart growth of 18% to reach $46 billion during calendar year 2016. According to the data published by Directorate of Industria
Dictionary on Indian Economy
- Logic of withdrawing Rs 1000 and Rs 500 notes
- Why the GST reform is transformational?
- Raghuram Rajan: The Gladiator returns to Chicago
- Good intention but poor thinking - what troubles demonetization?
- India Black Money Report: CBI underestimates black money at Rs 25 lakh crore
- High interest rate rather than inflation is the macroeconomic problem for India right now
- Japan’s first trade deficit in 30 years is part of the Global Shift
- Arvind Subramanian rocks with 'Chakravyuha' in Economic Survey
- Why we need an emergency monetization plan as well?
- NREGS: give respect to the tax payer’s money