The GST Council’s meeting on February 18 at Udaipur will decide tax rate on gold. Gold is at present attracting a sales tax of 1% and an excise duty rate of 1%. Reports indicate that states are arguing for a rate of 4%. At this rate, the centre and state may divide the tax revenues equally am..
India’s economic administrators’ attack on inconsistent credit rating standards of western agencies is now joined by the Chinese media. An article published i
Deriving energy from Donald Trump’s patriotic and domestic labour promotion campaign, two US senators have proposed a new legislation to cut down legal immigration
The FDI approvals in future will be examined by the concerned Ministries and sectoral regulators after the abolition of Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB). Finance
India’s economic administration continues to unleash heavy attack on the inconsistent rating practices followed by global agencies. Economic Affairs Secretary Shakt
Fighting black money, providing inclusion, enhancing the delivery of public services etc. the digital economy got top priority in the new budget. There is no tax at all f
Dictionary on Indian Economy
- Logic of withdrawing Rs 1000 and Rs 500 notes
- Raghuram Rajan: The Gladiator returns to Chicago
- Why the GST reform is transformational?
- Good intention but poor thinking - what troubles demonetization?
- India Black Money Report: CBI underestimates black money at Rs 25 lakh crore
- High interest rate rather than inflation is the macroeconomic problem for India right now
- Japan’s first trade deficit in 30 years is part of the Global Shift
- Why we need an emergency monetization plan as well?
- Arvind Subramanian rocks with 'Chakravyuha' in Economic Survey
- NREGS: give respect to the tax payer’s money