India’s major online retailer, Flipkart has acquired smaller rival Letsbuy, signaling intense competition with global player Amazon in future. The Flipkart move can be read as a reply to Amazon’s last week acquisition of the Indian shopping site junglee.com. Amazon is awaiting the opportunity to enter into the Indian market, and has started their informal operation center at Mumbai recently. At present, Amazon is blocked by the government’s FDI restriction in multi-brand retail trade. The e-commerce industry in the country at present is the fastest growing business sector. It has registered volume business and has shown signals of entering int
Merger and Acquisitions
Dictionary on Indian Economy
- Logic of withdrawing Rs 1000 and Rs 500 notes
- Raghuram Rajan: The Gladiator returns to Chicago
- Why the GST reform is transformational?
- Good intention but poor thinking - what troubles demonetization?
- India Black Money Report: CBI underestimates black money at Rs 25 lakh crore
- High interest rate rather than inflation is the macroeconomic problem for India right now
- Japan’s first trade deficit in 30 years is part of the Global Shift
- Why we need an emergency monetization plan as well?
- Arvind Subramanian rocks with 'Chakravyuha' in Economic Survey
- NREGS: give respect to the tax payer’s money